SUPPORT THE IRANIAN STUDENTS' STRUGGLE FOR DEMOCRACY
TOMORROW JULY 8th 5-7PM
In Front Of The FEDERAL BLDG in WESTWOOD, LOS ANGELES
NOW, MORE THAN EVER, Your solidarity and cooperation will demonstrate to the World that Iranians reject the Islamic Republic, this brutal theocracy, supporter of terrorism and are yearning to have freedom and a secular democracy.
You're invited to join and show your support for your compatriots who will resume their courageous demonstrations in the open streets, while risking their lives, on July 9th, in order to defy the theocratic and fascist regime of the Islamic republic.
Below is a partial listings of various demonstrations that are organized either by SMCCDI or with the collaboration of various groups that are endorsed and monitored by the Committee.
* Rome, Italy: On Tuesday, July 8, 2003 From 06:00 PM till 11:30 PM (Local time) In front of the Islamic republic Embassy located at: 361/363 Via Nomentana in Rome
Demonstration organized by the Italian Transnational Radical Party and SMCCDI. It's to note that the date of July 9th has been declared as the "Iranian Students Day" and a campaign of public awareness is taking place in this country. Residents have been requested to attach white colored flags to their windows with the motion "Free Iran."
* Brussels, Belgium: On Tuesday, July 8, 2003 From 05:00 PM (Local time) In front of the European Parliament located in the "Robert Schuman" avenue.
* Paris, France: On Wednesday, July 9, 2003 From 19:00 till 23:00 (Local time) Close to the building of the Islamic Republic Embassy located at Place Iena. Paris (France)
On Saturday, July 12, 2003 From 15:00 till 19:00 (local time) At Place de l'Odeon. Paris (France)
* Barcelona, Spain: On Wednesday, July 9, 2003 From 10:00 AM till 12:00 PM (Local time) At Plaza San Jaume.
* London, UK: On Wednesday, July 9, 2003 From 02:30 PM till 04:30 PM (Local time) In front of 10 Downing Street, the British PM's residence
* Oslo, Norway: On Wednesday, July 9, 2003 From 04:00 PM till 06:00 PM (Local time) In front of the Norwegian Parliament.
* Bern, Switzerland: On Wednesday, July 9, 2003 From 11:00 AM till 01:00 PM (Local time) In front of the Islamic Republic Embassy located at 68 Thunstrasse.
* Den Hague, Netherlands (Holland): On Wednesday, July 9, 2003 From 01:30 PM till 03:30 PM (Local time) In front of the Dutch Parliament
* New York, NY (USA): On Wednesday, July 9, 2003 From 11:00 AM till 02:00 PM (Local time) At the United Nations. The Ralph Bunch Park And Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, (47th Street and 1st Avenue)
* Washington, DC (USA): Georgetown Iranian Students Alliance in America On Tuesday 8th July 2003 - 5:00pm - in front of Capital Hill - Iranians of all ages, beliefs, associations are gathering for an unprecedented event. This day marks the 4 year anniversary of the 18 Tir demonstrations that took place in 1999. The demonstrations grew to be the biggest uprising since the 1979 revolution and for five days, un-armed students were brutally assaulted in the city center; police forces barraged into student dormitories and threw several students out of windows. For more information: 703.370.6200 www.daneshjooyan.org
* Los Angeles, California (USA): Tuesday, July 8, 2003 From 05:30 PM (Local time) In front of the Federal Building located at Wilshire Blvd. in Westwood
Wednesday, July 9, 2003 From 05:00 PM (Local time) In front of the Federal Building located at Wilshire Blvd. in Westwood.
* Austin, Texas (USA): On Wednesday, July 9th, 1999 From 06:00 PM (Local time) In front of the Capitol Building located in Downtown.
* Dallas, Texas (USA): Tuesday, July 8, 2003 From 05:00 PM (Local time) At the "Kennedy Memorial" located in the Downtown.
Sunday, July 13, 2003 From 05:00 PM (Local time) At the "Intercontinental Hotel" (former Kempenski) located at the junctions of North Dallas Tollway and Arrapaho Rd.
* Houston, Texas (USA) On Sunday, July 13, 2003 From 05:00 PM (Local time) At the "Hilton Hotel" located at 9999 Westheimer Rd.
* Ann Arbor Michigan (USA) July 8th,2003 7:00 PM-10:00 PM In front of the Federal Building in Ann Arbor. This rally or "gathering" is in support of the demonstration efforts and struggles of our beloved Iranian Students and people currently seeking civil rights and freedom in Iran.
The "Student Movement Coordination Committee for Democracy in Iran" (SMCCDI) email@example.com Website: www.daneshjoo.org Tel: +1 (972) 504-6864 fax: +1 (972) 491-9866